Telemetry Study Suspended

The following is an email message to telemetry study volunteers from Mike Vito, Chapter President:
As Governor Charlie Baker is  now advising for people to “shelter in place” we will postpone our telemetry study starting today (March 23rd)  until April 7th, following the governor’s timeline. I also spoke with a USGS biologist we are working with on this project and they are also suspending all of their own field activities in light of COVID-19. While our own study, being done one volunteer at a time, poses little threat;  I would rather be safe than sorry. The biologist also told me that the most recent data he looked at (last week) shows that the fish are still holding in place, likely due to the cold water temperatures. We have plenty of data already collected and with little fish movement expected over the next two weeks, we probably won’t miss any sudden mobility from the fish. . 
I’m sorry for any inconvenience but health and safety have to come first. If you have any questions please feel free to reach out to me. I will be working on a new schedule that will resume (hopefully) on April 7th. I will send it out the first week in April. Stay safe and healthy everyone, and I will be in touch soon. And again, any questions please send them my way. 
Mike Vito